Version 4.0 and 4.0 Pro
24 February 2024
With this new major release, the standard and Pro versions have been significantly enhanced. The standard version now includes most of the functions of the previous Pro version. The new Pro version, on the other hand, now offers full HDR support and more.
Both versions have received numerous improvements and new functions. See a comparison on the Features page.
- Full HDR Support PRO
Exposure brackets or (HDR) input images can be processed to create HDR panoramas - either using
HDR / Tonemappingor Exposure Fusion.
- Improved quality. All panoramas are now processed internally in an HDR color space (standard and Pro version).
- Loading and saving of HDR image formats such as OpenEXR, Radiance HDR and 32bit Tiffs. PRO
- The new Renderer provides a significant increase in performance - it is typically around 2x to 3x faster than before.
- There are even greater performance gains in some cases with "adaptive blending" (anti-ghost) and with large gigapixel panoramas.
- Improved adaptive blending. The adaptive blending, which determines optimum seams between the input images to avoid ghosting in dynamic scenes and achieve seamless transitions, now delivers better results in many cases and is also significantly faster.
- New real-time preview. Previously, the preview just showed the images in an overlapping manner. Two new modes have been added at this point, linear blending and multi-band blending, with the latter already being very close to the final image. All these modes show a preview of the panorama in real-time in either a 2D or 3D view.
- New non-destructive image processing filters.
To refine and improve the appearance of the panorama directly in PanoramaStudio a range of filters are available in the categories HDR/Tone Mapping PRO, Light & Color, Tone Curve and Color Balance.
All these filters are non-destructive, meaning that they do not change the underlying image and can still be adjusted until the panorama is exported.
- Configuration of the
HDR / Tonemappingparameters and basic image processing filters along with the real-time preview is possible before as well as after the rendering. PRO
- Redesigned image export.
The color depth and color space of the images can still be configured when they are saved. This allows for example that panoramas can be exported in a higher color depth and with a larger color space than the individual input images.
- The RAW import is now up to date again and includes an additional function for reconstructing highlights.
- Exporting large (gigapixel) panoramas as interactive panoramas is now much faster.
- The new version of the PanoramaStudio Viewer:
- offers more options for the Autoplay (relative speed, tilting back to initial level)
- can play virtual tours as a animated slide show
- includes improved hotspot positioning
- provides an optional Close button
- has an improved performance
- has been adapted to current browsers
- The Mac version runs now natively on both Apple Silicon (M1/M2/M3) and Intel-based Macs
- ... and many more small improvements.
Version 3.6 and 3.6 Pro
07 August 2022
- Image detection and alignment in the multi-row mode has been further optimized significantly.
In previously difficult cases, this often leads to visibly better image alignment results. PRO
- The configuration dialog for the export of interactive panoramas has been simplified and is now more clearly arranged.
- The included new version of the PanoramaStudio Viewer:
- Has been optimized for current browsers.
- Provides further improved performance. Among other things, a smoother display is achieved through optimized caching of the image data.
- Interactive panoramas now use the entire extended screen when viewed on displays with a notch or round corners.
- On iOS devices, in landscape mode the full screen can be used.
- Frequently requested, the user interface now offers an optional dark mode - new on Windows, improved on Mac.
- The performance of the "Create projection" function has been substantially improved.
- The blending in the zenith/nadir area for 360x180° panoramas could be improved even further.
- Another 60 cameras were added to the camera database, for a total of 2688.
- In addition, there are numerous other small improvements - such as the option to specify a fixed aspect ratio in the Render step or the exclusion of control points in masked areas ... PRO
- ... furthermore minor bug fixes and optimizations.
Version 3.5 and 3.5 Pro
18 December 2020
- Significantly improved performance when importing the individual images - typically 2x to 4x faster than before.
- Further fine-tuning of the image alignment. PRO
- Better quality, higher speed, and minimized moiré effect for panoramas rendered at reduced size. PRO
- Import of images in WebP format.
- WebP support also when inserting graphics and for use as hotspots in interactive HTML5 panoramas.
- Memory requirement reduced by 50% when importing large panoramic images. This allows significantly larger images to be loaded and processed with better performance.
- Improved adaptive blending ("anti-ghost") with better quality and reduced artifacts in the zenith/nadir area. PRO
- Improved "Create Projection" with additional interpolation options and larger coverage area in stereographic panoramas (Little Planets).
- Use of WebXR for VR display of interactive panoramas, so that WebXR is now used on suitable VR devices and otherwise WebVR or split-screen emulation in older browsers.
- The updated Raw import now supports more than 1130 cameras, including Canon's CR3 format.
- numerous small improvements in the editing modes, for example in "Insert Graphic", "Render" and "Hotspots".
Version 3.4 and 3.4 Pro
21 December 2019
- A further improved image alignment in the multi-row mode provides better results for wide angle and fisheye lenses. PRO
- Optimized image alignment in the multi-row mode: PRO
- Significantly higher speed for large panoramas
- Increased accuracy
- Better error tolerance against bad control points
The optimizations can increase the performance for large panoramas with 100 or more images in many cases by a factor of 10 or more.
- The exposure correction provides more reliable results even for panoramas with large over- or under-exposed areas.
- Improved grid assistant. Better and more accurate integration of unassigned images. PRO
- Improved metadata alignment of images from DJI drones. PRO
- The improved control point editor offers a more precise magnifying glass and more precise positioning of control points using the mouse or cursor keys. PRO
- GPS data is now also read from RAW and DNG files.
- Improved WebGL performance in the PanoramaStudio Viewer for interactive panoramas.
- The PanoramaStudio Viewer now runs in higher resolution in the VR mode on high-res VR glasses.
Version 3.3 and 3.3 Pro
22 May 2019
- Improved exposure correction. The adjustment of individual images as well as the global exposure correction have been improved.
- New optional white balance in the multi-row mode. PRO
- Improved and optimized Render procedure.
Performance improvements of the static blending of about 10 to 20 percent and about 100 percent for the adaptive blending ("Anti-ghost").
- New method to interpolate missing image content fills gaps or undefined areas around the panorama with blurred content of the nearby image areas.
- Optional use of the orientation information from the metadata of DJI drone images for a better alignment of such images. PRO
- New interpolation methods allow advanced users more sophisticated render settings.
- WebVR and VR controller support added to the PanoramaStudio Viewer. Interactive panoramas are now also running in browsers on VR headsets such as Oculus Go, HTC Vive and others.
Version 3.2 and 3.2 Pro
10 July 2018
- Align existing, imported panoramic images
- Improved mask tool
- Animated hotspots
- Substantial enhancements for interactive panoramas:
- Optional map feature allows to show an overview of the panoramas on a map
- Compass/Radar element to display the viewing direction
- Enhanced browser compatibility
- Updated RAW import
Version 3.1 and 3.1 Pro
04 April 2017
- Enhancements for interactive panoramas:
- Optional Gallery element for virtual tours
- Context menu
- VR mode (beta)
- Improved support for HiDPI and 4K monitors in the Windows version and improved Retina support in the Mac version
Version 3.0 und 3.0 Pro
16 December 2015
- Completely redeveloped HTML5 panorama viewer. Interactive panoramas are now displayed with HTML5 - Flash is no longer required.
- The Viewpoint Correction allows to seamlessly insert images taken from different camera positions. This is especially helpful to insert a handheld taken nadir image in a panorama taken with a tripod and also to improve handheld panoramas. PRO
- When a panorama consists of a large number of images, then the new 'Align to Grid' assistant helps to presort the images and to stitch them more reliably, e.g. gigapixel panoramas. PRO
- The upgraded Image manager shows detailed information for the input images and allows direct access to the editing functions of each input image.
- Improved mask tool
Version 2.6 and 2.6 Pro
22 August 2014
- A new option allows to avoid converging lines in planar/perspective projections
- New option to add GPS location information to panoramas (Geotagging)
Version 2.5 and 2.5 Pro
1 December 2013
- Color management: Support of ICC profiles; color corrected display and color corrected printer output
- Adobe Lightroom® plugin to directly export images to PanoramaStudio
Version 2.4.5 and 2.4.5 Pro
24 July 2013
- Enhanced control point editor. PRO
- The HTML5 version of the PanoramaStudio Viewer for interactive panoramas now supports most of the recent Android devices
Version 2.4 and 2.4 Pro
22 October 2012
- New tool to insert graphics and logos directly into the panorama
- Support for fisheye lenses PRO
Version 2.3 and 2.3 Pro
15 March 2012
- Enhanced lens correction in the multi-row mode PRO
- Reworked and upgraded control point editor PRO
- The new mask tool allows the removal of unwanted regions from the panorama
Added stereographic projection (little planets) to the available projections
Version 2.2.5 and 2.2.5 Pro
10 November 2011
- Export of interactive 3D panoramas now also for iPhone/iPad
Version 2.2 and 2.2 Pro
22 August 2011
- For the first time also available for Mac computers running OS X 10.5 or newer
- Improved performance due to optimized memory management and support of multi-core CPUs with up to 8 cores
- The Windows version is now also available as native 64 bit application
- Optimized image alignment in the multi-row mode
- Improved control point editor PRO
Version 2.1 and 2.1 Pro
06 July 2010
- Newly developed Flash output for displaying interactive 3D panoramas and zoom images of any size
- Optimized image alignment in the single-row mode requires typically now less than half the time and requires less memory
Version 2.0 and 2.0 Pro
10 August 2009
- A new render engine achieves an even higher quality for the panoramas
- An adaptive blending method
- A new exposure correction